Friday, October 18, 2013

Milk Duds

Today I went to Jumu'ah. I was very tired and took a half-sleeping, half-conscious nap whilst sitting down against the wall. It was uncomfortable but worth it. Except for the fact that my bones cracked like ripples in the sea when I stood up to pray. Tonight there is an Eid pizza dinner at the masjid after Isha. There is a chance I'm going and a chance I'm not. For first of all, we don't have a ride. Second of all, we might have a ride. Very complicated, right?

Yes. Everything is complicated without Mom and/or Dad.

Tomorrow, S is going to the high school for her test. This means I'm going to the Farmer's Market by myself. I doubt I'll survive. I'm so dependent. Also, I'm going bowling with the Muslim Girls' Club from 11am to 1pm. And then, there'll be the halaqa after Asr. And after that, possibly swimming from 6 to 7.

I hope I'll be full of energy tonight. Because I don't feel like napping right now. I'll manage...because this is me, all-time every time: :D

At the store just now we bought candy. H's idea. After Jumu'ah we were all so hungry because lunch wasn't ready before we left. We turned into zombies at the playground and H found a few bits of leftover Eid candy on the ground. I found some wrapped cheese and desperately ate it. Mmm.

H is at soccer now, Z is on the computer, Kak Nora is at our sewing machine, and S is studying. That poor girl won't be able to go to the bowling tomorrow because of her test, which extends from 9 to 12. And she assumes that when she gets to the halaqa, the girls who went bowling are all going to act like buddies and leave her out. I told S that I would MAKE the girls talk to her. Somehow. Because I remember when I was 11, S and her friends would single me out of their friend group, even though I was just a year younger than them all. It's a horrible feeling to be left out. The words 'left out' make me angry.

*slams fist into open hand*

*stares at empty Milk Duds box on computer desk*

Teehee.

N

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP A COMMENT, HUMAN