Saturday, August 10, 2013

Eid al-Fitr 2013

It went well.

The day passed too fast.

But then again, that's how it always is when something you like occurs.

My clothes were red. Before the Eid prayer, during the takbir, my sister S, my friend Mar, and I were all standing in the hallway. And then, abruptly, the prayer began. There were more people praying than I expected! They filled the whole musalla! Me, Mar, and S had to walk in front of the praying people, which was totally awkward and embarrassing. We got into the library and prayed. It was a pity though, that we missed the part when the imam said the seven 'Allahu Akbars.' When the prayer was over we waited a million minutes for the khutbah to be over. My little friend Shazzy talked too much and too loud.

Well, it was then eating time, but when I was standing in the line, Mar called me out. She wanted to play with the babies but I wanted to eat because I was very hungry. But I listened to my friend, because I always listen to my friends. Because I just can't argue or say no. Unless it's to someone I greatly dislike. When I decided to get in the food line, it was so long it reached into the musalla. I was standing at the wall when suddenly Sr came to me and hugged me. "Eid Mubarak!"

"Eid Mubarak!" I echoed.

"Are you going to eat?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said. "We should go..."

"Yeah, we should totally go. That's a really good idea right now," she said.

"Yeah," I said, not wanting to explain that Mar took me away from the food line. "Are you going to eat?"

"Yeah, I'll just squeeze in the line with my mom," she said.

"Oh, okay."

Sr went away. After a few minutes of talking to Mar, I said, "I'm going to eat, okay?"

"Okay."

So I got in line and Sr was behind me. And later she squeezed in with her mom. And I spotted Mar and her sister Ra in the line too, just a few people behind me.

I got some potato salad, some eclair cake that S made, a white powdered donut, and some other stuff. Since I was really late in getting food, the Krispy Kreme donuts were all gone. But later, I found a half-eaten one in the box. I was so donutly desperate that I took it and ate it. Ahhh, it was worth it. And then I went outside and went on the swing with two little six-year old twin girls named Lar and Rnd. I swung with Lar (I think I did, it's hard to tell those girls apart). Then someone came and said they were giving out the Eid gifts for the kids, so everyone went inside. To the remaining people at the swings I said, "Ta-ta!" And then Lar started calling me Ta-ta.

So we left the masjid at around 11:30 and went home. Mum and Dad gave Z his Eid gifts, which were lots of DVDs. Me and H and Z watched them until 12:00 so we left for Auntie Sal's house. We were early. Ummi thought we were supposed to be there at 12 but we were actually supposed to be there at 2.


Something hilarious happened there. The floor was really slippery because there wasn't any carpet, just a rug, so when H was about to go outside with Kylie, he slipped and fell on his elbow, and he crashed into a nearby table. Something on the table fell the the ground and broke. S couldn't stop laughing. That was an EPIC moment. "Smooth moves, brother," I said.

That was cleaned up. I feasted on Auntie Sal's cherries until it was eating time. When the people arrived, I slept on the couch because I couldn't sleep the night before. Then we went home, leaving H at Kylie's house.

We slept at home.

We hadn't seen Nev the whole day.

But at the picnic at the park, she was there. We gave her our gift and she was all happy.

The End.


EID MUBAAARAAAAK Y'ALL

-Nu

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP A COMMENT, HUMAN