Yay! I have a story (actually TWO stories) to tell you! Today was the picnic at the park. Remember? And last night there was that dinner at the masjid. Here we go.
{FRIDAY NIGHT: DINNER AT MASJID} October 25 2013
Auntie Sal came by our house at 6pm with Kylie to bring us to the masjid. Kylie was all hungry and groany and Auntie Sal was angry at him for not eating at his dad's house. Kylie said the food at Auntie Sal's house was old and that there was like literally no food at his dad's house. Auntie Sal got angry and yelled, "My food is old?! Your head is old!" And then Kylie muttered something inaudible. (Later on S told me that he said, "That doesn't even make sense.")
We got there and we saw Hib, M, Nr, and Y. "Hey everybody," I said. "Hi," they said calmly. Except for Y. Because she's Nr's friend and she's like about almost 20 years old or something. I salamed Nr and Hib and high-fived M. So yeah. I sat in the musalla with Hib and then the people began praying. Mar and Ra arrived and Ra gave her phone to me to protect.
When it was all over. I was bombarded with Q's about Ummi. I said she was coming later. Then the funeral prayer began and after that we ate. We ate.............food. BAHAHA no actually I took some rice and some nasty kinda date ball and lots of salad because I'm a healthy vegetarian (not). And I drank an adorably tiny bottle of H2O.
Then Mom came and then it was Isha time. I sat with Hib again and Mom too. Hib took a picture of my lap with Nr's phone. Then I piggybacked the kids with Mar and my right muscle pounded with pain. Then we were in the library and some kid from the guy's side yelled at me to get his mom. So I did. Then we left for shopping and sent Kak Nora home. We bought four ice creams. I chose thin mints and coffee. H chose vanilla and something else that I will remember when I go look in the chest freezer like a sneak.
{SATURDAY AFTERNOON: PICNIC AT PARK} October 26 2013
Well basically, we weren't sure we were going. Dad and mom were both sleeping. Then I asked mom If we were going or not. She didn't know, because dad was sleeping and sick and tired. But she said, "Just get ready," so we did and we packed the van. I threw in my rollerblades. Then dad woke up and took us to the masjid for dhuhr. Then we went to Kak Nora's house to pick her up and then we went to the park. H was thinking we wouldn't get any food because it was almost 2:00. But we did. I got a burger bun and filled it with veggies and I let mom have the only existing meat patty. S said I was going vegetarian. I only ate like one bite of the burger and gave the rest to S. I was not hungry. So I went to go talk to Mar, who'd been waiting since 1:00 for me. Hib, Nr, Sr, and Y were there too. Nr and Y left early and who knows why. I raced on my rollerblades with Reem who had a scooter. I won. But it wasn't a fair race in my opinion. Reem had to push with her foot to go down the hill. All I had to do was roll merrily down. But whatever. It happened already.
Sr was surprised that I could rollerblade and she said I should teach her. She walked with me and Reem and Mar with her nephew. Then Sr left early. Reem left quite early too. So, I was alone with Mar, and that was not exactly a good thing because she always wants to play with babies and walk everywhere with them. It was hard to leave her, especially since I fail at being bossy and I always say yes.
We sat at the top of the hill on the bench where the little kids were playing. I was forced to carry kids on my back and run down the hill. Not pleasant, especially since those kids were not the lightest beings in the world.
Ra bought a Hello Kitty ice cream from the ice cream truck and gave it to Mar. The way Mar reacted to it seemed like Ra was rarely nice to her. Mar said, "Oh. That's nice of her." And she looked very surprised.
We walked up the hill to the other playground and saw S swinging. Well, not swinging, just sitting and looking at her phone while swaying slightly. We sat and talked to her and Mar's ice cream melted pretty quick.
Then we left for home and brought Kak Nora with us and she waited at the kitchen table for dad and Whammo to shower for soccer. I ate bananas and strawberries and ice cream. Yummeh.
So basically that is the end of this post I need to carry on with my goal D:
N
No comments:
Post a Comment
DROP A COMMENT, HUMAN